View Single Post
Old Tue Nov 13, 2018, 12:25pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Short And Sweet Pregame Captains Coaches Meeting ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jTheUmp View Post
Personally, I don't mind doing it (mainly because it eliminates a lot of "that guy" moments)
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNIgiantslayers View Post
I’d rather run the captains meeting so I know it’s going to be quick. “Fellas, help us keep it clean here tonight ... emphasize sportsmanship so as captains you guys should be great examples. You know who your hot heads are. Get to them before we do or it will cost your team 2 free throws. Coaches, everybody legally and properly equipped? First horn let’s try to break the huddles, have em ready to play on the second horn so we can keep it moving tonight. Have a good game guys.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by SC Official View Post
"We expect you to play cleanly and show good sportsmanship. Any questions? Good luck." None of the nonsense about "speaking captains." None of the "white talk to white, blue talk to blue." None of the "blue line all the way around."
Mine: After the hand shaking/fist bumping ritual (I've worked with a guy who has a bottle of hand sanitizer in his jacket pocket and uses it after the meeting), "Are players legally equipped and do they know how to wear their uniforms properly? Everybody practice good sportsmanship. Have fun".

Now that IAABO mechanics state that the tossing official on the jump ball no longer checks for readiness with the captains, I'm hoping that we no longer get, "Who's the speaking captain? What's your number? Are you starting?".

Well, I can hope.

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Tue Nov 13, 2018 at 01:09pm.