View Single Post
Old Tue Nov 13, 2018, 11:30am
Esteemed Forum Member

Any Time During The Game ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond View Post
... so everyone's personal speculations are rather moot at this point.
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrounge View Post
Who cares?
Who? Those of us who may not officiate NBA basketball, who may only officiate high school basketball, and who want to understand why this situation my be legal in an NBA game, and not legal in a NFHS game.

In a NFHS game, the timeout, the not taunting opponents, and the not delaying the game aspects of the NBA ruling have little to do with the NFHS rule (players clearing the area under the rim is relevant in NFHS rules. I'm not sure what the NBA means by it's legal because it's during a dead ball, doesn't most ring grasping take place during the dead ball period immediately after a dunk).

NFHS: A player shall not: Grasp either basket at any time during the game except to prevent injury.

Any time during the game could mean pregame, halftime, postgame (before officials leave the court), intermissions (all by bench personnel), or during dead balls, or timeouts.

Coaches, players, and fans will see this legal NBA play on television and wonder why it's illegal in a high school game.

That's why some of us care. Goodnight moon.

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Tue Nov 13, 2018 at 11:42am.