Thread: A Rat
View Single Post
Old Wed Nov 07, 2018, 02:04pm
Esteemed Forum Member

The Assigner ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by genetoy71 View Post
Somehow I'm not sure we're getting both sides of the story regarding this association split. Five of the best officials in the association leave along with this person and two of them are college level officials, and we're supposed to believe that all of this happened because someone lost an election?? Seems to me like there's more to this than what we've been told.
Perhaps the position of President has the additional role of an assigner, which can be quite a powerful role.

What's the most common argument, either as an "in your face" argument, or a "behind the scenes" undercurrent argument, in the business aspect of any local association/board?

Three answers, in order: Games assigned. Games assigned. Games assigned.

More games. Better games. More higher level games. Less travel distance games. More boys games. Fewer girls games. Better sites. More varsity games. Fewer subvarsity games. No middle school games. No two person games. More conference playoff games. More games at sites where the concession stand gives the officials free refreshments.

Games assigned. Games assigned. Games assigned.

Who controls all that?

The Great and Powerful Assigner, and there's nobody hiding behind the curtain.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Wed Nov 07, 2018 at 02:11pm.