Thread: A Rat
View Single Post
Old Wed Nov 07, 2018, 01:29pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Anything Goes (Cole Porter, 1934) ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
Show schools you provide a better product and compete. Recruit more schools. Offer to work more scrimmages for a lower fee (if any). Recruit more officials. Improve your training program. Improve your evaluation system. Keeps business to a minimum and continuing education to a maximum when you have meetings.
Quote:
Originally Posted by genetoy71 View Post
If I a member of an association and association leadership does this, how does this help me?
By keeping school schedules, and thus more game assignments for you, especially if you're not a member of another assigning board.

You're right, it's not a great idea, but in the "dog eat dog world" of two competing assigning boards in the same locality, anything goes when it comes to making one assigning board look more attractive to coaches/athletic directors/principals/league directors than the other assigning board.

And maybe, depending on the state guidelines and contracted fees, it's easier to "tinker" with scrimmage fees than it is to "tinker" with actual game fees.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrapins Fan View Post
... school gave the other board all their schedule because he offered to work 2 person instead of 3 person ...
In the specific case of this thread, the "Brand X" assigning board already came up with a cost saving measure of lower total game fees by agreeing to go with two person crews.

Some schools may find this cost saving idea of "quantity over quality" financially attractive and thus, a real bargain.

Others may not.

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Wed Nov 07, 2018 at 01:42pm.