Thread: IAABO Exam #19
View Single Post
Old Fri Nov 02, 2018, 01:07pm
Esteemed Forum Member

ODog Is Correct ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckS View Post
"Thrower-in A-1 reaches the ball through the plane of the boundary line and, with his/her free hand, intentionally pushes defender B-1. The official charges A-1 with an intentional personal foul. Is the official correct?"
I actually got this question correct, and did so easily, because I've read about this situation somewhere before and remembered the answer.

I did a casebook search (the 2011-12 Casebook is the most recent casebook I have on my hard drive), a Forum search, and a search of the Forum's Past Interpretations Archive, and came up with nothing.

I must be remembering a past IAABO Refresher Exam question. In the IAABO Universe, Refresher Exam questions and answers are often precedent setting, carrying similar weight to NFHS Casebook plays, or NFHS Annual Interpretations, to those of us who live in IAABO Universe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODog View Post
The questions are recycled ad nauseam year after year, plucked from previous exams and reconstituted ...
I have thirty-eight years of hard copy (paper) IAABO Refresher Exams and, unfortunately, have no other method except using my eyes to search these, which would take hours.

Maybe somebody can search more recent Casebook plays (Nevadaref) and come up with a citation to confirm the IAABO Refresher Exam answer.

I'm positive that I've read about this situation somewhere before and that it was interpreted as an intentional foul.

Now, where are my house keys?
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Fri Nov 02, 2018 at 02:24pm.