View Single Post
Old Mon Oct 22, 2018, 08:27am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camron Rust View Post
Different language....

I don't read that as an absolute minimum, particularly if the players are posting up or boxing out as you asked about in the OP. The distance requirement is, as far as I'm concerned, just not applicable to those situations.
So what language other than "never less than" could we be using to make it a more absolute minimum?

Kidding aside we had one of our preseason meetings yesterday and talked about this. Reality we decided, is we have to judge intent a little bit here. If the impeded player is clearly not trying to engage with player boxing out or posting up & is trying to get somewhere else then we need to call screens that are holding/displacing/moving. If they are clearly competing in a physical matchup with that player and the play just results in it acting like a screen we probably aren't going to put air on that.

Also most of our varsity games here are still 2 man so a lot of this is moot as if often happens off ball at times where other things may take priority.

Me: Thanks, but why the big rush.

Coach: Oh I thought you must have a big date . . .we're not the only ones your planning on F$%&ing tonite are we!