View Single Post
Old Fri Oct 19, 2018, 10:43am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MechanicGuy View Post
Why would they need to give the defender this? Doesn't sound like you're describing a "blind screen" at all....
Unless the defender is stationary, then when offense sets a screen they still must allow time and space for the defense to avoid being contacted by the screen.

Maybe this is a language difference between NFHS and FIBA

Illegal screening is when the player who is screening an opponent:
 Was moving when contact occurred.
 Did not give sufficient distance in setting a screen outside the field of vision of a
stationary opponent when contact occurred.
 Did not respect the elements of time and distance of an opponent in motion when
contact occurred.

If the screen is set within the field of vision of a stationary opponent (front or lateral), the screener may establish the screen as close to him as he wishes, provided there
is no contact.

If the screen is set outside the field of vision of a stationary opponent, the screener must permit the opponent to take 1 normal step towards the screen without making contact.

If the opponent is in motion, the elements of time and distance shall apply. The screener must leave enough space so that the player who is being screened is able to avoid the screen by stopping or changing direction.

The distance required is never less than 1 and never more than 2 normal steps.

A player who is legally screened is responsible for any contact with the player who has set the screen.

Me: Thanks, but why the big rush.

Coach: Oh I thought you must have a big date . . .we're not the only ones your planning on F$%&ing tonite are we!