View Single Post
Old Thu Oct 18, 2018, 06:38am
Esteemed Forum Member

2018-19 IAABO Mechanics ...

Note: For IAABO members only.

We had our local IAABO board "interpretation meeting" (first meeting of the season) last night, with our local interpreter going over the new NFHS rules, the NFHS Points of Emphasis, reviewing last year's new NFHS rules, and briefly going over Connecticut's interscholastic sports governing body's points of emphasis.

He then mentioned that there were a few changes in the IAABO mechanics manual, but didn't go into the details stating that he would review them at our next meeting in late November.

Being a curious person, I spent about an hour perusing the IAABO mechanics manual last night, and I couldn't find any apparent changes.

Is anybody aware of these IAABO mechanics changes? Is so, what are they?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Connecticut will be enforcing the NFHS edict against players rolling their waistbands. Just what we need, another Fashion Police issue that coaches, players, and many officials will ignore.

Connecticut's interscholastic sports governing body reiterated that health care professionals (team doctors, trainers, etc.) and coaches (who have all been trained by state law), will determine whether, or not, players have been concussed, and that officials (who have not been trained to the extent of health care professionals, and coaches) are never to use the term "concussion" in describing an injury to a coach.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Thu Oct 18, 2018 at 08:55am.