View Single Post
Old Tue Sep 25, 2018, 12:33pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Delay Of Game ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilyazhito View Post
... BillyMac saying that officials should not remain after time expires to prevent the possibility of a post-game technical foul that could change the result of the game.
That's not what I said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
... the interpreter of our local high school IAABO board encouraged us to get off the floor and away from the visual confines of the playing area as soon as possible. No signing the book. No waiting for the hand shake line. No talking to a friendly fan, police officer in the corner, site director, or athletic director. Just make eye contact with the official scorekeeper to "approve" the final score, and run, not walk, off the court, away from the "visual confines of the playing area" as soon as possible ...
As soon as possible means no signing the book, no waiting for the hand shake line, no talking to a friendly fan, police officer in the corner, site director, or athletic director.

As soon as possible doesn't mean to leave before any scorekeeping issues are rectified.

Once one leaves the visual confines of the court, by rule, one can't come back to correct any errors.

Many, many years ago, we had a guy on another local board (originally trained by my local board) who did that (he actually came out of the locker room) and it didn't work out very well for him. He made the first page of all the sports sections in all the newspapers in the entire state. Phineas T. Barnum, the nineteenth century American showman, and circus owner (born in Connecticut) said, "There's no such thing as bad publicity". He was wrong, dead wrong. There is such a thing as bad publicity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilyazhito View Post
I would prefer that dunks before the game and in intermissions become legal in NFHS.

Please, please wait until I hang up my whistle for good.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Tue Sep 25, 2018 at 01:37pm.