View Single Post
Old Fri Sep 21, 2018, 01:37pm
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
Disagree with the Great and Powerful Oz (it's really Mark T. DeNucci, Sr. behind the curtain).

Some forms of trickery are simply good strategy. Other types of trickery are unsporting, especially, but not limited to, the verbal tactics (“You’re in my
space”), and fall the under the unsporting category, not enough to be a technical foul, but certainly enough to be a violation.

I resemble that remark because my mother was a Kansas farm girl: ROCK CHALK JAY HAWK, KAAAAYYYY UUUUUU!!

But I digress, my comments are confined to this narrow situation. I, as a Player, now that I cannot enter the FT Lane until the Ball is released by the Shooter, and if I enter it before the Shooter releases the Ball because my Opponent next to me fakes going in early then I deserved to be charge with the FT Violation. It is really no different than a Player with the Ball fakes going up to attempt a FG and the fake causes the Defender to jump in to him making illegal contact. Shame on the Defender for being fooled.

MTD, Sr.

P.S. Billy: It is time for my mid-afternoon nap. I will wake up just in time to take my pre-dinner nap, LOL!

P.P.S. I had just woke up from my post lunch nap when I saw this thread. And both my mid-afternoon and pre-dinner naps were very satisfying and now I am watching the Indians play host to the Red Sox.
Ohio Assn. of Basketball Officials
International Assn. of Approved Bkb. Officials
Ohio High School Athletic Association
Toledo, Ohio

Last edited by Mark T. DeNucci, Sr.; Fri Sep 21, 2018 at 07:18pm. Reason: Added P.P.S.