View Single Post
Old Wed Sep 19, 2018, 05:03pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevadaref View Post
I can prove that the girls games get worse officiating in my area. The association gives all officials a rating. Let's say those numbers are 1-5 with 1 being the best.
It is a simple process to compare the quality of officiating on the games. Take the ratings of the officials and sum them. The lower the total, the better that the crew rates. If after doing the math, the boys crews average 5.2 and girls crews average 6.3, we have quantitatively demonstrated that worse officials are being provided for the girls contests.
"Worse officiating" can mean different things. e.g. An official can be completely competent for both genders but simply can't keep up with boys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny d View Post
I am so happy I don't have to put up with this nonsense in Illinois. If I had to work girls games, I would never have started officiating high school basketball. It is pretty obvious in the Chicago area that the overall quality of girls officials is significantly lower than the boys officials. Most of the men doing high school girls games in this area are doing them because they were not good enough to get boys games or a full schedule of boys games.

And who cares what the principals, athletic directors, coaches, or Gloria Steinem thinks. As an independent contractor, I get to choose for whom and when I work. If they want better officials, they should make their product better.
Unfortunately no choice here in SC. Work both genders or don't work. Games are assigned as G/B DHs.