View Single Post
Old Wed Sep 19, 2018, 03:29pm
Esteemed Forum Member

The Plot Thickens ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond View Post
I'm thinking yes, that will be a residual effect. But it also might open up opportunities for some younger, up-and-coming officials to work some higher profile games on the girls side.
Good thought.

Thanks for reading my lengthy post. I probably can't disagree with anyone's opinion because I can clearly see both sides of this issue, from the standpoint of a student athlete, and from the standpoint of an official, from the "choice is good" side, and from the "best official" gets the game side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond View Post
What would be interesting is if a female official were to request only boys games.
The plot thickens.

What happens when some principals (many female), athletic directors (many female), and coaches of girls teams (both male, and female) find out that some of our best officials can't be assigned to their girls games because some of the best officials have opted out of working girls regular season games?

What happens when some boys coaches who voted for a great officials (who worked both genders regular season) find out that some great officials aren't working the boys state tournament because these great officials were forced to pick a gender and decided to work girls tournament games (maybe with the hope of advancing to higher rounds)?
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Wed Sep 19, 2018 at 03:51pm.