View Single Post
Old Mon Sep 10, 2018, 04:03pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Full College Schedule ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond View Post
Officials get in multiple conferences because officials don't make their own schedules nor do conferences pay the same fees, so officials make themselves available to multiple supervisors. Are officials supposed to sit at home and only work games on nights that a specific conference has games? When conference play begins, half the teams are on the road and half are at home. That means that conference only needs at the most 24 officials. Should the same 24 officials work every game for a particular conference? How about D2 and D3 conferences? Who should cover those games? Don't you think a D2/D3 supervisor likes it when a D1 guy is available to work?
In other words, officials who restrict themselves to only one college conference, may not, or probably will not, get what most consider a "full schedule", just as I presumed when I posted.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)