View Single Post
Old Sun Sep 09, 2018, 09:48am
Esteemed Forum Member

Intentional Flagrant Foul ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob jenkins View Post
You can't eject for an intentional foul. Period.
A flagrant foul can be the result of some intentional acts, but that use of "intentional" is different from the use in Intentional foul.
100% agree that one can never be ejected for an intentional foul.

Are you saying that one can never have an intentional flagrant foul?

4-19-4: A flagrant foul may be a personal ... foul of a violent or savage nature ... It may or may not be intentional.

Or that an intentional foul can never be considered to be flagrant?

In this video, I'm definitely (and immediately) coming in with an intentional foul signal (the X), possibly adding the IAABO-unapproved excessive contact signal (drop both hands), and then definitely adding the IAABO-unapproved "heave ho", or "you're outta here", signal (point to the sky).

4-19-3: An intentional foul is a personal or technical foul that may or may not be premeditated and is not based solely on the severity of the act. Intentional fouls include, but are not limited to:
a. Contact that neutralizes an opponent's obvious advantageous position.
b. Contact away from the ball with an opponent who is clearly not involved with a play.
c. Contact that is not a legitimate attempt to play the ball/player specifically designed to stop the clock or keep it from starting.
d. Excessive contact with an opponent while playing the ball.
e. Contact with a thrower-in as in 9-2-10 Penalty 4.

In other words, I'm "upgrading" my intentional foul to a flagrant foul, and calling it an intentional flagrant foul, which as JRutledge pointed out, simply adds the additional penalty of an ejection (to the bench).

Sometimes an excessive contact intentional foul doesn't rise to the violent, or savage level of a flagrant foul, but sometimes it does, as I believe that it does in this specific case, thus the upgrade to intentional flagrant with the added penalty of ejection.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Sun Sep 09, 2018 at 10:31am.