View Single Post
Old Sun Aug 19, 2018, 11:51am
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilyazhito View Post
I was taught by the book in that regard. I'm guessing that''s the standard way that IAABO cadets are taught. To this day, I stop in the reporting area, no matter whether I work IAABO games or not. Real-life, there is no reason other than personal preference for walking or stopping?
I think this is the part you seem to not get. Mechanics are often personal preferences. Someone suggests this should be done and they put it in a book to tell everyone they should do it that way. It does not mean there is not another way or a variation is a tragic event. Actually "walking and talking" can be good to speed up the process and get to the next situation quicker. But we have a reporting area and often people will not get there when they do not stop or try to report a basic foul. That is my experience, but not what you see asked for.

You are going to find many mechanics that have someone suggesting it should be done this specific way and others who will do something else thinking that way is more efficient. And many of those situations will never have an evaluator saying a word, not a single word either way. If I am acting as a clinician and I am talking to you about how you report fouls in that much detail, I am probably not finding much about your officiating to discuss. It does not mean I will not mention the mechanics you use, but it will not be an all-day focus unless I am clearly confused by your reporting process.

Peace