View Single Post
Old Fri Aug 10, 2018, 03:50pm
Official Forum Member

[Future Mode On]Not exactly relevant to this year, but I'll look to go to next year's G-League camp. Even it is pie-in-the-sky after just 2 years of high school ball, I'll still be exposed to NBA level officials and supervisors, have a useful learning experience, and maybe get better games for my 3rd year of high school. [Future Mode Off]

BTW, I have an account on the NBA officiating website, and I got the email telling me about this event. However, I wouldn't have gone this year because I lack the needed high school experience, and had little 3-person experience at the time.

Raymond, I'm curious to who your training partners are. Matt told me he worked for Board 125 before moving up, so he might be one of them. I'd like to know if there are any NBA/G-League guys in DC Metro Maryland, so I could get in touch with them and train with them in the future.

This might be a good way for someone who is bypassed at the HS level to get some exposure, or for a high school official to get his name out there for college ball, because even if some NBA guys don't assign college themselves, they know people who do, or they could hook an official up with a pro-am or men's league with officials/supervisors that they know and trust, to get the official even more experience.