View Single Post
Old Thu Aug 09, 2018, 12:35pm
This IS My Social Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopicalTropical View Post
I'm still a wee bit confused so please correct me. After looking at the powerpoint-

1. - A1 in his frontcourt makes pass, defense knocks it back like in the video. A2 in backcourt catches the ball in air or on a bounce. Violation? No in both cases. CORRECT, AFTER BOUNCING HAS ALWAYS BEEN LEGAL, AND "IN THE AIR" IS NOW ALLOWED BY THE NEW EXCEPTION TO 9-9-1.

2. Same as 1 but this time, B1 knocks ball off A1's leg. Ball then goes into backcourt. Violation once A2 touches. CORRECT. THAT'S A "LAST TO TOUCH...FIRST TO TOUCH" SITUATION. THAT HASN'T CHANGED.

3. A1 in frontcourt with ball, A2 also in frontcourt. A1 makes pass, B2 deflects ball to backcourt. Can A2 go get the ball? YES, THAT HASN'T CHANGED, AND THE EXCEPTION EXPLICITLY STATES THAT THAT IS LEGAL.

4. Say a press like situation, A1 has ball, A2 is in the backcourt, then frontcourt, then back again. A1 makes the deflected pass off B1, I assume it is not a violation here and A2 can get ball. YES. THAT HASN'T CHANGED.

Last edited by Freddy; Thu Aug 09, 2018 at 12:38pm.