View Single Post
Old Tue Jul 17, 2018, 04:28pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Reactive and Proactive ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
Connecticut Only: Team members are not allowed to congregate at division line, or on school logo, during introductions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
2011-12 NFHS POINTS OF EMPHASIS: 1. SPORTING BEHAVIOR. The NFHS Basketball Rules Committee continues to be concerned about the following behaviors: A. Pregame Situations ... Gatherings intended to motivate a team after the warm-up period, during or following player introductions ... should be performed in the area directly in front of the team bench.

I believe that we stress this here in Connecticut because we had several incidents in the state of visiting players spitting on the home team's jump ball circle logo during pregame introductions. Our state interscholastic sports governing body wants officials to prevent such behavior.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond View Post
Why weren't officials calling Technical Fouls for this behavior?
They were (it didn't involve my little part corner of Connecticut). In the aftermath, the state interscholastic sports governing body decided to try to prevent this activity rather than punish (although it's still an option for us). They were being both reactive and proactive (this was a few years before 2011-12).
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Tue Jul 17, 2018 at 04:52pm.