Thread: Dribble ...
View Single Post
Old Wed Jul 11, 2018, 10:55am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky View Post
Then you are not following case citations. You are going only by, and quite strictly, the rule book.

Respectfully, all that knowledge and experience CR and you only go by one set of rules... your own. That is perfectly acceptable however, I will continue to follow the rule and case books, as well as the released interpretations/POEs/comments/etc. Again ,with respect, I simply cannot respond to you any longer.
You might want to rethink that....

Quote:
Originally Posted by just another ref View Post
4.15.4 SITUATION A: As dribbler A1 attempts to change direction to avoid guard B1, he/she allows the ball to come to rest in one hand in bringing the ball from the right to the left side of the body. A1 pushes the ball to the floor in an attempt to continue the dribble. RULING: When A1 palmed/carried the ball the dribble ended and when he/she pushed the ball to the floor a violation occurred.

No mention of another touch needed in order to have a violation.
There you go. The new dribble and violation occurred when the ball was pushed to the floor.

You may not like it and may not want to admit it but it really is NFHS the rule (not my rule)....and supported by the case play JAR cited above.

The thing you're missing about the case plays you're looking at is they're not defining what is a violation. They're giving play examples, which may include more activity than is relevant, and giving a ruling. That doesn't mean all of the activity listed has to occur to be a violation.

Last edited by Camron Rust; Wed Jul 11, 2018 at 11:01am.