Thread: Dribble ...
View Single Post
Old Tue Jul 10, 2018, 06:45pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camron Rust View Post
Then ended element is there to distinguish that the next act is a new dribble. The second dribble need never end for it to be a violation, it only needs to be started.
Then you are not following case citations. You are going only by, and quite strictly, the rule book.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camron Rust View Post
You'd be wrong. I've called it and I'll call it again. If it leaves the hand looking like the million dribbles I've seen before it, it is a dribble. If it leaves the hand
looking like the million passes I've seen before it, it is a pass.
That's just it, these plays are not ones you have seen millions of times, which is why you would not call anything until it was touched again.

You have not seen players throw the ball off the backboard to themselves millions of times. You have not seen a shooter, about to be blocked, drop the ball, millions of times. We have been talking about extremely rare cases.

I can see it now, shooter in the air, about to be blocked, simply lets go of the ball, and TWEET, immediately, before the ball is even close to the floor, you call a violation. I'd love to hear that conversation with the coach as well as see the entire crowd's amazement as to what happened.

Or, player after dribbling to a stop 20 feet from the backboard, clearly throws the ball to himself off the backboard, and you blow your whistle on release, signaling a violation before the ball even hits the backboard. Would love to see that too. Yikes!

Yes, I do recall that thread as well. Boring.

Respectfully, all that knowledge and experience CR and you only go by one set of rules... your own. That is perfectly acceptable however, I will continue to follow the rule and case books, as well as the released interpretations/POEs/comments/etc. Again ,with respect, I simply cannot respond to you any longer.