View Single Post
Old Wed Jul 04, 2018, 07:50pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilyazhito View Post
Here is the training material that I referred to (it is from 2016, so it is reasonably current), and indeed the PCA that Georgia uses is based on the women's CCA Manual (check pg. 29), as is the simplified time-out procedure, the ability to bounce the ball across the lane on an endline throw-in by the new Trail, and two-hand reporting (note: This was published in 2016, before two-hand reporting was approved for NFHS use).

Personally, I'm curious to learn anything I can, even if it is from other states.
Who knows where work will take me? Right now, I am a graduating undergraduate senior in the DMV, but I could easily end up getting hired elsewhere after I get a Masters degree. Thus, it would be to my advantage to know as much about my future options, officiating included, as possible. If I move to Ohio, Louisiana, or an IAABO state, I can adjust to switching opposite the table (good practice for NCAA Men's games, he he). If I go to Georgia, I know that I can learn NCAA Women's mechanics, and use them for those games. However, most states follow the NFHS book, so I could use knowledge from fresh sources (CA, WA,PA, MI, etc.) to help me enrich my knowledge, wherever I end up.

I thought that I'd come across a more recent thread on CCA Men's mechanics, but hearing what people have to say about women's mechanics in HS ain't too bad, either.
Worry about all of that when you have to worry about that. Learn the basics and adjust to anything that might be different. That is what you do when you work at other levels. You have to adjust to the level and their standards. Stop worrying about what you do not have to worry about yet. It is very unlikely you will do half the stuff you ask about anyway.

Peace