View Single Post
Old Wed Jul 04, 2018, 02:01pm
Esteemed Forum Member

I Don't Need Anybody Else's Mechanics Screwing That Up ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilyazhito View Post
I'm curious to learn anything I can, even if it is from other states.
"Be careful what you wish for, you may receive it." (W. W. Jacobs)

Since joining the Forum thirteen years ago, the most important thing that I've learned is that the "Little Corner of Connecticut" IAABO, the Connecticut IAABO, and the IAABO International, "method" of doing anything (mechanics, rule interpretation, training, evaluating, assigning, dues ,fees, etc.) is not only vastly different than other places, and associations, but is occasionally not the best method. So, I'm often curious to hear about other methods, especially regarding mechanics, but I would never "learn" these differing mechanics.

We've gone through enough mechanics changes in the last thirty-seven years here in my little corner of Connecticut to fill up the basketball mechanics portion of my brain to the point where I can keep all the mechanics changes straight and utilize them instantly, without having to think twice. I don't need anybody else's mechanics screwing that up.

Now, where are my car keys?
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)