View Single Post
Old Sun Jun 10, 2018, 10:32pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Even If The Offense ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKREF View Post
We were just told, that if the defensive player deflects the ball and it goes into the back court anyone can retrieve it. I asked specifically about last to touch/first to touch and was told it was no longer a violation.
Key phrase, "defensive player". Does that mean that the defensive player was the last to touch the ball before the ball headed toward the backcourt?

Now go back and ask what happens if a defensive player, while in the frontcourt, deflects a ball that remains in the frontcourt and that loose ball then hits an offensive player, without gaining control, who now sends the loose ball, while still in team control, but not in player control, into the backcourt. Can anyone pick it up without a violation?

I'm more interested in the word, "offense", or lack of, as in even if the offense was the last to touch the ball before it went into the backcourt. That's the key as to whether, or not, the NFHS has fully switched to the NCAA rule.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Sun Jun 10, 2018 at 10:37pm.