View Single Post
Old Thu Jun 07, 2018, 10:47pm
Esteemed Forum Member

No Double Dipping ......

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky View Post
Are you telling me you have not had a player drive for a layup, begin his upward motion, lose control (although very, very briefly) from a defensive foul/deflection, regain control, and score the basket?
If by lose control you mean loses complete contact with the ball with both hands at the same time, in essence attempting two separate shots? Yes, only called it once. No basket, two free throws.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky View Post
You have not had a player get hammered (bye bye customary arm movement), contorted their body, thrown the ball towards the hoop making it and scoring it?
No loss of control, at least one hand on the ball at all times? Yes, called it hundreds of times. Score the goal, one free throw.

Note: I would allow a player (count basket, one free throw) moving the ball from hand to hand in a controlled manner, with the ball momentarily losing contact with both hands, but if the ball pops up into the air, and the player grabs it and shoots a second time, no basket, two free throws.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Thu Jun 07, 2018 at 11:43pm.