View Single Post
Old Mon Jun 04, 2018, 08:06am
Official Forum Member

Ejected coach doesn't leave immediately

I have read past threads about how to handle an ejected coach who refuses to leave, and most say to try to avoid a forfeit at all costs, which I totally understand. But those examples were for a HS game, and in one case, a HS playoff game. What about an AAU-type tournament, with 18-minute running halves, 50 minutes allotted for each game, multi-court facility, no site manager…etc...you know, the type of game most of you avoid!

8th Grade boys. HC (up by 15 midway thru 2nd half) was very calm and never demonstrative, but earned his two T’s by questioning a call, not letting it go, then called my partner a clown…then took his sweet time in leaving. Finally left after about two minutes. The first minute was spent with my partner and I and the AC urging the HC to leave, while the HC continued to calmly stand there calling my partner a clown at midcourt. The 2nd minute was the HC taking his time, saying goodbye to his players, and slowly walking out. (I know none of this meets the definition of “immediately”) After the game, a fan/ref said we could have continued to give him T’s, (which I know is true), some suggested forfeit…At this level, are you more likely to go to a forfeit than a HS game?