View Single Post
Old Sun May 27, 2018, 11:06am
Esteemed Forum Member

Devil's Advocate ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
A call is when you blow your whistle and tell everyone what we are doing with signal or voice. I guess you can change that situation after the fact, but you will not have much credibility when you do that.
Agree.

Devil's Advocate: "Coach. My preliminary signal was premature. I jumped the gun. I should have waited for the play to develop. I called the block because I thought the play was going one way, but a split second after my preliminary signal I gave it a second thought and decided that it was definitely a player control foul. Would you rather me stick to my mistake, or would you rather me get it right?"

I'm not disagreeing with JRutledge, but is there ever a time when we're allowed to change our call (no complications, alone, by ourself, with no conference, no input from our partner, no conflicting signals, etc.).

Of course, we should all heed the advice of Confucius: "Have a patient whistle."
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Sun May 27, 2018 at 11:32am.