View Single Post
Old Fri May 18, 2018, 07:42am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilyazhito View Post
In Play 1, the blarge was handled correctly (both calls were reported to the table, and the ball was given to Red). However, both officials should not have immediately signalled their fouls. I don't know if the L and C were watching NBA videos the day before, because L immediately came up with a punch, instead of stopping the clock, and C did the hitting-the-hips, which is an NCAAW/NBA signal. If L and C both put up a fist, the clock would stop, and both would have a moment to decide whose call it is, and what the call is, and thus the double-foul scenario would be avoided. In this play, the drive started in C's PCA (Trail is not in the picture, because it is a transition play), so the call should ideally go to C.
Yes, I'm sure that this HS crew spent the night before the state finals watching NBA videos so they could apply NBA mechanics to the game. The play comes right down the middle, so L can get it. And, it's (for whatever reason) much harder for L to hold up on the signal than it is for C/T to do so. As it turns out, C had a better look -- but I can't fault L for making the call.