Thread: Quiz Time ...
View Single Post
Old Mon May 07, 2018, 04:51pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Feedback ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdoebler View Post
If the question, answer, rule, and explanation of the answer is presented then no issue.
Feedback is always a big part of IAABO exams, either applicant exams, or refresher exams.

For the annual IAABO refresher exam, my local board handles it in the following manner. We all take the exam individually as an open book exam. Then we show up at one of many scheduled exam review sessions. One by one, we read each question aloud, give our answer, get the correct answer from the session moderator, and then discuss why the question was answered in that manner, along with getting a rulebook, or casebook, reference.

All officials must attend one of these refresher exam review sessions (there are about twenty sessions, scattered all over our geographic area, at many times, weeknights, and weekends). One's "ticket" into one of these sessions is a completed exam (even if all the answers are incorrect). Failure to attend one of these refresher exam review sessions (with a completed exam) results in not being eligible to receive assignments for the entire upcoming season. Yeah, your heard me correctly, that's a pretty severe penalty. I have a friend who forgot to write the session he wanted to attend on his calendar, missed all the sessions before he realized his error, and had to go through an entire season without a single game assignment. Ouch.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Tue May 08, 2018 at 05:59am.