Thread: 10-4-7 Sit
View Single Post
Old Mon May 07, 2018, 01:54pm
Courageous When Prudent

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigT View Post
So I am not crazy when looking at the list of personal technical that his doesnt match unless its a flagarant.

The guy is coming up the court. Passes over mid court passes the arc then sends the ball to the corner. Looks up see the defender slowly approaching 5-7 feet away. Take 2 long steps preps for a tackle where he noticeable drops his center of gravity and targets his chest sending the kid flying backwards to the floor.

If I see the offensive player not aware or unable to avoid the defender I might have a pass and crash team control foul.

If I have had some issues with these two and I think one kid wants to teach the other a lesson by shoulder dropping a tackle into the player I might go Flagarant.

I cant go normal technical right. It is clearly not a basketball ball player to drop some chest/shoulder and bull dozer. Thats sounds like an intentioal foul.
Contact during a live ball is never a technical under NFHS rules. Your choices are:

- nothing
- Team Control foul
- Intentional Personal foul
- Flagrant Personal foul

You have been around too long to be even considering a technical foul for this play.