View Single Post
Old Thu May 03, 2018, 01:26pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilyazhito View Post
This is a trainwreck. It didn't seem that Ingles did anything wrong. I would agree with a player control foul, because Harden is not giving Ingles any space to do anything. AFAIK, if any illegal contact happens between a dribbled and a defender, the dribbler is responsible for the contact, and space must be given for a player behind another player to stop or avoid contact, at least on screening plays. Harden should have known better than to stop dribbling and get run over from behind, so I would be giving him a PC foul. I would then have to eat $#!t from the Rockets' bench following that call .
Must be a typo or something because that isn't even close to being true.

Doesn't apply when the screener and trailing player are moving in the same path and direction. -- edit: true, but not applicable.

(Both with the caveat that I didn't watch the video and I don't know NBA rules -- the second comment, especially, is based on NCAA and (I think) FED.)

Edit: Now I've seen the video. It was a point raised last season in NCAAW (I forget whether it was really a POE or not) about BHDs setting illegal screens (usually a non-dribbler pivoting onto the screen). I agree that we will see more of it and that it should be a foul on the offense.

Last edited by bob jenkins; Thu May 03, 2018 at 01:42pm.