View Single Post
Old Thu May 03, 2018, 12:28pm
Official Forum Member

Putting this in the context of officiating a high school or other youth level game and using those rule sets and standards. Here are your choices as I see them:

A) Do nothing and watch everyone lose their mind. Game could start to get very chippy and crowd/benches, very vocal and emotional.

B) Call the block. Defensive player and coach are annoyed but likely live with the reality of gotcha moment by O.

C) Call the PCF for illegal screen. Watch everyone in the gym get confused, O player and bench get irate and be ready for a call from your assignor for making a call I personally have never seen made on the that type of play. Video and the rule book maybe on your side though so know your assignor.

D) Call an unsportsmanlike foul for rough play making unnecessary contact. Watch O player and bench get irate. Feild a call from your assignor asking why you are suddenly a space cowboy and trying to put his/her butt in a sling and not just managing the game.

Me: Thanks, but why the big rush.

Coach: Oh I thought you must have a big date . . .we're not the only ones your planning on F$%&ing tonite are we!