View Single Post
Old Thu May 03, 2018, 10:27am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond View Post
No. You are expected to have some familiarity on your own. The NBA rule book is available online. You are expected to be #1, ATHLETIC!!!. You are also expected to looked somewhat polished. Watch some G-League video and pay attention to the signals, mechanics, and movements of those officials. Get in front of a mirror and work on smoothing out your signals and presentation.

There is no pro basketball officiating starter kit.

Also, right now you are all over the place. You just need to get to a good teaching camp and get your fundamentals together. I would highly suggest the Villanova camp. Also, attend at least one of the try-outs camps for Tim Ebersole or Donnie Eppley. Going to a try-out camp will give you an idea of what you need to do to get to that level.

Here's an article you should read: Those who want to be quality basketball officials need to work at it say Donnie Eppley and Jim Bruno | PennLive.com
OK. This year, I will be attending the MBOA camp at Annapolis, and Que'z Crawford's Level One Basketball Officials camp in DC, to get more practice with 3-man (I worked sub-varsity and intramural games this past season, and am looking to get varsity games
next season or the following season).

Next year, I'll look into going to the Villanova camp, and either one of Tim Ebersole's camps, or a camp run by Donnie Eppley. I'll also look to work one of the NIRSA tournaments, if an alumnus is allowed to work those.

I'll also be watching G-League video, if I can find any. Maybe there is some YouTube channel with training tapes for G-League officials. Failing that, I'll look through any G-League games, and watch the officials there.