View Single Post
Old Wed May 02, 2018, 09:30pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond View Post
Fishman will be hiring a lot of officials. There are many of Ridenhour's old staff who are not willing to go to camp to stay on a JuCo roster.
Yep. And a lot of Ridenhour guys who want to work for Fishman probably won’t out of fear of losing SAC games.

I worked for Fishman and Ridenhour at one point. Without detailing why I got out of college ball (there are lots of reasons), Barry's not one to hire guys who think they're too good to go to his camp at least once, no matter what level they work. Right or wrong, that's just the way he and a lot of other assigners operate.

Barry has a great reputation for giving guys their first opportunity and taking his job seriously, but also a reputation for being, quite bluntly, an egomaniac. But he's not alone in that category in this geographic area. If you want to work entry level college ball in the Carolinas (and a few Virginia schools I think), he'll give you that opportunity if you're capable.

Also, in case anyone was wondering, these are all men's camps I've written about.

Last edited by SC Official; Wed May 02, 2018 at 09:48pm.