View Single Post
Old Tue Apr 10, 2018, 09:25am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob jenkins View Post
I'm not quite sure I understand the question, and I sure don't get the picture you are trying to create, but:

1) a collapsed arm bar isn't an automatic foul

2) it's a foul for the defense to *place* (note who is doing the action) a hand continuously ... on the offense
Sorry for the confusion.

Lets talk about your number 2. Assume there has been touch or tag on the close out (first touch by defense) and while gapping the ball carrier arms up and active, the ball carrier drops shoulder and attacks hard. In moving to respond the defenses arm/hand/ elbow etc ends up in the space between their bodies or torsos as the offense continues to try to attack forward. Obviously the d didn't try to "touch" the ball carrier, but touching is going on and the longer the the arm stays there the more advantage the defender can negate/obtain particulary if offense continues to move forward.

I'm wondering how generous you would be in giving the defender time and movement to get that arm out.

Me: Thanks, but why the big rush.

Coach: Oh I thought you must have a big date . . .we're not the only ones your planning on F$%&ing tonite are we!