View Single Post
Old Mon Apr 09, 2018, 07:14pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilyazhito View Post
That's some messed up version of affirmative action at work there :X. If women's coaches don't want men's officials on their games, then good female officials will be less able to work men's basketball, and the discouraging status quo of officials being assigned by gender will continue :sad. This will suck for officials who are on the fence/ have no preference as well. Maybe attitudes will change in a few years, but how would one choose, while a choice still needs to be made?
What in the hell does anything I said have to do with Affirmative Action? Are you going to tell me that the two games are not different? Their rules are different in many respects. Their mechanics are different. The athleticism is different. One game plays above the rim often and the other is a highlight if someone even comes close to dunking in the game. What do you mean it is going to suck? It has been the case my entire career and I am sure longer. It is not about attitudes being changed, because there are officials that are incapable of working both, it is that simple. It is like saying someone that is a good junior high official is going to all of a sudden be a good high school official. The two things have to do with your ability to deal with the culture, ability and the rules that many officials get mixed up all the time. If you cannot make a choice, someone will make that choice for you. As stated by many on this site.

Peace