View Single Post
Old Sun Apr 08, 2018, 06:38pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilyazhito View Post
I have Asperger's Syndrome, a disorder on the autism spectrum, which makes it more difficult for me to understand people than it may be for a normal person. I also may understand things literally, and may not understand unwritten rules, or deviations from written rules. Asperger's Syndrome is not without its strengths: I am a highly logical thinker, I pay attention to details, I am persistent in pursuing my interests (officiating is one of them), and I can remember many relevant facts. With proper support, I might be able to become "The Rule Guy (TM)" on a varsity, collegiate, or professional crew .

ilyazhito, suddenly your perspective and approach make a lot more sense. I apologize for being ignorant.

The pokes notwithstanding, please keep posting. You might get a little grief from time to time, but your posts are very accurate. Almost uncomfortably literal, that’s all.

Every official develops their own style, quirks, habits, etc. I’m sure you’ll do that, too, in time. In fact your style might be the style of no style, which is in and of itself a style. Don’t be afraid to be yourself. At the end of the day, if you can call a game and command a court, you’ll advance on merit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk