View Single Post
Old Sun Apr 08, 2018, 04:35pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilyazhito View Post
Unless your state uses a different standard for high school games, such as GA using women's college mechanics, the NFHS mechanics manual requires officials to give a preliminary signal at the spot of the foul, verbally inform the offender, indicate the outcome (shots or designated spot throw in), and only then proceed to the reporting area.

Because the manual requires me to verbally inform the offender, I say the offender's color and number, and the type of foul. Afterwards, I point at the spot or show fingers for the number of shots, and then proceed to the reporting area.

Is there any difference in the CCA men's or women's manual for foul reporting procedures? Unless it is not required to inform the offender, I would continue to do so in NCAA games, if and when I reach that level.
Are they going to send a stern letter home to their mother if they don't?

Honestly, who gives shit what the NF thinks on this? I don't and I do not work for the NF and my state has never asked us to do any such thing either way. This is a personal officiating issue which you can say things based on who you are with. And I have never been in any college camp (with people that sit on the NCAA Committee) and said a single word to any such official about what they verbally say one way or another.

You clearly need to get some more experience before you make such statements. Three years of JV ball is not doing you very well at this point. You need to go to camps completely outside of your state before you start telling us what should or should not be done.

Peace