View Single Post
Old Fri Apr 06, 2018, 11:17am
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilyazhito View Post
At least 100 active NBA players are foreign (either foreign-born or have foreign nationality). This might be a reason why USA Basketball recommended that US high schools adopt FIBA rules instead of NFHS rules. If a body as prominent as USA Basketball recommends that, we should at least pay attention to it, and try to understand the rules it plays by.
And not even a third are the players in the NBA, which means that most players in the top league in the world, did not play with any FIBA rules in their pre-NBA years.

Who cares what USA Basketball recommends? The players that do not even play FIBA rules on a regular, dominate every tournament and have done so for years. It is a story when the US does not win the Olympics or the World Championships. This is not FIFA we are talking about here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilyazhito View Post
I would agree with you on not changing the closely guarded rule until the shot clock changes. In fact, I have made a sample shot clock proposal in the "HS Shot Clock" thread. MD is a shot clock state, so it can't sit on the rules committee and give suggestions, but if you do not come from a shot clock state, maybe you can take a look at the proposal, give me some suggestions on how to make it better, and forward it to your state's rules interpreter.
I work shot clock games working college games and there is nothing special about the shot clock. As stated before, many times there are more mess ups with the shot clock than there are times it seems to work. And at the college level, they hire people all the time just to do that. I would not be opposed to a shot clock in principle, but it is the problems and the controversies that will be coming. We have enough of those in high school games with controversy with the officials alone in the games. Do we really want more issues? I know I don't. If they bring it in I would adjust, but that does not mean I am clamoring to have those issues.

Peace