View Single Post
Old Tue Apr 03, 2018, 01:51pm
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by justacoach View Post
MTD:
Stop with the theoretical equal opportunity canned response and get down to the real nitty-gritty as it applies in Ohio and Michigan.

How many officials, who were selected to do Boy's as well as Women's postseason assignments would choose Women's games over Boy's?

or vice versa?

You are certainly in a position to make meaningful comments on these questions. What do you think?

The Ohio Boys' and Girl's Tournament progression is Sectionals, District, Regionals, and Finals. The Officials for the Regionals and Finals are chosen by the State before the Season even starts because an Official cannot work a Regional and a Final in the same year and can only work a Regional or a Final in either Boys' or Girls', not both. An Official can officiate both Sectional and District Tournaments every year and can officiate both Boys' and Girls' Sectionals and District Tournaments every year.

In Ohio, there are two separate lists of tournament officials: One list of Officials for the Boys' Tournament and one list of Officials for the Girls' Tournament and I would venture to say that the vast majority of Tournament Officials are on both lists. Assignments are made based upon the Officials who are available on a given day and the assignments are made starting with the highest rated Officials available for that day; it should be remembered that on any given day the number of officials available will almost certainly out number the number of officials needed. The Officials for the Sectional and District Tournaments are chosen by the TD from the the Tournament List of Officials.

MTD, Sr.

P.S. And now that you have read my follow up comment to your question you can please apologize for the condescending tone of your question in the first place, especially since my response was not canned. As far as Michigan is concerned, I have never paid attention to its procedure because as a resident of Ohio I am automatically not eligible to officiate in its Boys' and Girls' Tournaments.
Ohio Assn. of Basketball Officials
International Assn. of Approved Bkb. Officials
Ohio High School Athletic Association
Toledo, Ohio

Last edited by Mark T. DeNucci, Sr.; Tue Apr 03, 2018 at 01:58pm. Reason: Added a P.S.