View Single Post
Old Wed Mar 28, 2018, 09:10am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintguru View Post
I don't see how you don't go back and replay the last 8.3 seconds. I would feel less inclined to do so if, as ODog stated, the officials told the team he was out of timeouts, even though he wasn't. However, if he was told he had a timeout left (or even if no communication was given one way or another), used the timeout, and then was charged a T incorrectly because the scorer claimed they were out of timeouts, you HAVE to replay the end of that game.
Well, you HAVE to follow the institutional guidelines for protests. Unless NY goes against standard NFHS rules that there are no protests, there is nothing to do. And if they do have rules permitting protests, the rules would typically define the scope of what can be protested.

While the school paints itself as the victim here, it is not wholly without blame. even if the refs never communicated that they had used their last timeout, and even if the scoreboard was showing the wrong number (though maybe the scoreboard didn't show at all)--why wasn't their book checking with the official book? Heck, I did that when I was a teenager keeping the book for junior high games. Cross checking fouls and TOs with the official book is pretty basic. Yet we have another high profile case in which the "adults" just play the "we got screwed" card instead of noting where they could have and should have done better.