View Single Post
Old Tue Mar 27, 2018, 08:34am
Courageous When Prudent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintguru View Post
Sorry, but replay is there to get obvious errors corrected, not to slow plays down frame by frame to judge the last millimeter that someone touched a ball. A time limit is needed, because if it can't be determined in that amount of time, it is not indisputable visual evidence, which should be the basis to overturn any call. I understand a small delay if the referees are cycling through all the replay angles, but you can see during the broadcast that the referees are playing each angle frame by frame to try and see the last microsecond that someone had a hand on the ball. That is not the intent of replay. Also, these delays weren't restricted to March...it was happening all year.

I still can't believe they overturned that call, and again, I was rooting for Kansas.
I run plays frame-by-frame on a regular basis on my DVR. Sometimes that is what's needed to see what actually happened.

And again, there was an angle (I saw on DVR before the officials did) that shows the Duke player was the last to touch the ball with both hands.

I'd hate to be that crew that prematurely gives a ruling that then has ESPN rerunning a replay that night showing how they got it wrong in their haste to appease fans whose daily schedules have been thrown off by 2 minutes.