View Single Post
Old Tue Mar 27, 2018, 07:07am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crosscountry55 View Post
All this whining about reply time annoys me. We debate it as though this is a major problem, but we tend to forget that it is March and so it might take a little longer to be sure when there's a team that's going home. I'm ok with that. I think improvement can be made in the availability and utility of video feeds provided to the officials. But to put a time limit on situations like these is absurd. The OP play was very, very close, and indeed it turned out there was only one definitive angle out of the many provided. And it probably would not have been definitive if not for its high resolution. In the end, they got the call right. So tell me why we're arguing about this?
Sorry, but replay is there to get obvious errors corrected, not to slow plays down frame by frame to judge the last millimeter that someone touched a ball. A time limit is needed, because if it can't be determined in that amount of time, it is not indisputable visual evidence, which should be the basis to overturn any call. I understand a small delay if the referees are cycling through all the replay angles, but you can see during the broadcast that the referees are playing each angle frame by frame to try and see the last microsecond that someone had a hand on the ball. That is not the intent of replay. Also, these delays weren't restricted to March...it was happening all year.

I still can't believe they overturned that call, and again, I was rooting for Kansas.

Chris