View Single Post
Old Mon Mar 26, 2018, 12:36pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AremRed View Post
Yeah I don't care much for this trend. I would argue that 90% of the time when the ball is hit out of a players hands, that player likely touched it last. But we don't call it that way. I saw another review this year involving Gene Steretore on a Michigan game where he came to the broadcast guys and said "we saw two frames that had it off the player holding the ball"....really?!? Do we really want to be so precise that we forget review is there to correct OBVIOUS errors in judgement. Las tonight was not an obvious error in judgement and thus should have have been overturned.
This is a valid point. Replay has forced us into the position where we make this type of call one way for 38 minutes and a different way for the other 2.

It might be worth refining the OOB violation verbiage in some way so as to state, “when a player dislodges the ball from a BH and the ball subsequently goes directly OOB, the player who dislodged the ball is deemed to have caused it to go out.” Then write a couple of case plays to illustrate rulings. Problem solved!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk