View Single Post
Old Mon Mar 26, 2018, 12:16pm
AremRed

Quote:
Originally Posted by crosscountry55 View Post
That was Wisconsin/Duke in the title game. But thank you for unwittingly defending the other post I just made.
I knew it was Wisconsin, thought it was the semi-final!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crosscountry55 View Post
On a side note, in real time, I'd make the call the L did 100 times out of 100. When there's a poke, and the ball goes OOB, it is virtually impossible to do anything other than assume the poker was the last to touch. Glances off of fingertips 0.02 seconds later are nearly impossible for the human eye to discern.
Yeah I don't care much for this trend. I would argue that 90% of the time when the ball is hit out of a players hands, that player likely touched it last. But we don't call it that way. I saw another review this year involving Gene Steretore on a Michigan game where he came to the broadcast guys and said "we saw two frames that had it off the player holding the ball"....really?!? Do we really want to be so precise that we forget review is there to correct OBVIOUS errors in judgement. Las tonight was not an obvious error in judgement and thus should have have been overturned.