View Single Post
Old Mon Mar 26, 2018, 05:54am
Esteemed Forum Member

Keep It Simple ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesBCrazy View Post
No more 1+1 ...
That sounds like an improvement in terms of reducing errors, both correctable errors, and communication mistakes before the lead bounces the ball to the free throw shooter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
Absolutely not. The change will mean that there will now be four times in a game when poor communication between the table and the officials could lead to a correctable error (or not correctable if not caught in time). Some tables have enough trouble telling officials twice a game when a team is in the bonus. Absolutely not.
I believe that I'll change my recommendation to a thumbs up. This change will lead to fewer errors rather than more errors, as I originally believed. I'll send a quick text to Theresia before her committee makes any final decisions. Now, if I could only convince her not to go with a multicolored ball, that would make my day.

(Yeah, I know this image doesn't represent the proposed rule, but in my mind, it does.)
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Mon Mar 26, 2018 at 06:39am.