View Single Post
Old Tue Mar 20, 2018, 07:42am
Courageous When Prudent

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedewed View Post
I was just curious what people here would say on the heels of the KU OU game early conference season where KU's big was intentionally fouled 4 times in a matter of a couple minutes away from the ball with arguably non-basketball action on 3 of them, used a walk-on to do it, and clearly intentionally to foul and put a poor ft shooter at the line. This seemed to be inconsistent with that, with one caveat, which is probably why they went to the review: if you notice, one UNC player motions and yells at another UNC player to go and foul the player in question. In the face of that evidence, I guess they had to call it an FF1. I am personally hoping they clean up the rule. If off ball and clearly being done in a manner that suggest wanting a foul to be called, it should be FF1 unless the player has the ball.
We already had that discussion and you read every post. Nothing has changed since then. Fans who don't know the rules or how to interpret them whined, basketball officials who didn't care who won or lost recognized it as well executed strategic fouling.