Official Forum Member

4:39 left UNC game flagrant foul

off ball, went and put 2 hands on him, flagrant one...thoughts? lol
Old Sun Mar 18, 2018, 06:31pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedewed View Post
off ball, went and put 2 hands on him, flagrant one...thoughts? lol
Right call, but the nomenclature is horrible. If you want, use the NBA 'away from the play' foul in the final two minutes. But to use the terminology 'Flagrant Foul 1' for a light tap doesn't pass the smell test.

I believe two flagrant ones equal an ejection. If he already had a flagrant one earlier in the game, imagine being ejected for that. That would be on the news for days.
Old Sun Mar 18, 2018, 06:31pm
Official Forum Member

I could not figure out what the delay was. Why review? Why discuss? Is it not obvious? Unlike the NBA, can't just go foul people off ball. Did rule change?
Old Sun Mar 18, 2018, 06:51pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmagan View Post
I believe two flagrant ones equal an ejection.
And you would be incorrect.
Old Mon Mar 19, 2018, 06:09pm
Official Forum Member

I was just curious what people here would say on the heels of the KU OU game early conference season where KU's big was intentionally fouled 4 times in a matter of a couple minutes away from the ball with arguably non-basketball action on 3 of them, used a walk-on to do it, and clearly intentionally to foul and put a poor ft shooter at the line. This seemed to be inconsistent with that, with one caveat, which is probably why they went to the review: if you notice, one UNC player motions and yells at another UNC player to go and foul the player in question. In the face of that evidence, I guess they had to call it an FF1. I am personally hoping they clean up the rule. If off ball and clearly being done in a manner that suggest wanting a foul to be called, it should be FF1 unless the player has the ball.
Old Tue Mar 20, 2018, 07:42am
Courageous When Prudent

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedewed View Post
I was just curious what people here would say on the heels of the KU OU game early conference season where KU's big was intentionally fouled 4 times in a matter of a couple minutes away from the ball with arguably non-basketball action on 3 of them, used a walk-on to do it, and clearly intentionally to foul and put a poor ft shooter at the line. This seemed to be inconsistent with that, with one caveat, which is probably why they went to the review: if you notice, one UNC player motions and yells at another UNC player to go and foul the player in question. In the face of that evidence, I guess they had to call it an FF1. I am personally hoping they clean up the rule. If off ball and clearly being done in a manner that suggest wanting a foul to be called, it should be FF1 unless the player has the ball.
We already had that discussion and you read every post. Nothing has changed since then. Fans who don't know the rules or how to interpret them whined, basketball officials who didn't care who won or lost recognized it as well executed strategic fouling.
Old Sat Mar 24, 2018, 10:44am
Do not give a damn!!

NCAA just made a copyright claim to this video, which I suspected would eventually happen.

Peace

Last edited by JRutledge; Sat Mar 24, 2018 at 10:47am.