View Single Post
Old Mon Mar 19, 2018, 11:31am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRISHMAFIA View Post
I would probably choose to not work that league or tell them up front I'm not their shill.

This is nothing new for me. I've held the same opinion for decades and have never ejected anyone for simple language issues. Do not believe in what people refer to as profanity. If you take offense to a word, that is your issue, not mine.

But that is me and I can appreciate other opinions or beliefs.
Yes, I know this has been your consistent view on this for years. My only point on the language issue (which you apparently agree with) is if it is a league rule that the league expects umpires to enforce, then you either enforce the rule or don't take the job.

Rules like this have from time to time appeared in local leagues around here. At one time, it was even the MN rule for ASA JO games. Everyone knew this and expected it to be enforced. Working out an arrangement where a single umpire would not have to enforce it would probably have not ended well if there was a violating coach or team in his game.

Of course, all that probably appears insufferably quaint and/or hypocritical to rough and tumble east-coasters such as you!