View Single Post
Old Tue Mar 13, 2018, 01:53pm
Official Forum Member

[QUOTE=Pantherdreams;1018844]I agree in principle. Thanks!

Follow up clarifications:

In the "belly up" example. If the contact happens because defense moves into space and displaces from that space the offensive player, that makes sense. What if the offenses body (shoulder, arm, etc, hip) is in space that belongs to the defense but hasn't been taken but defense now straightens up, leads ches/hips, etc to occupy space that is theirs they just hadn't been using? Often see offensive and defensive feet, particularly when players are perpendicular, which intersect space but because of body position bodies aren't touching. Just to trying to establish how you legislate space that is in theoretically in the defenses cylinder (officiate the defense) but isn't always held by body part, and what happens when it suddenly is. or vice versa.
/QUOTE]
I don't think there is any one right answer there. If both are in a natural posture, I'm considering the one who moves to be invading the other's space. But, in all likelihood, there will not be enough contact to make a difference on these situations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherdreams View Post
So based on your explanation if defense hops feet forward to meet imminent contact but does so by thursting hips and feet to new spot. Even if feet land before contact happens, because the body and torso is getting to the spot/cylinder at the same time as the offense we are considering the defense to be moving into the offense.
I do (some may disagree). The rules on block/charge are all about getting the torso in the path.