View Single Post
Old Tue Mar 13, 2018, 12:26pm
Stirrer of the Pot

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKBUmp View Post
Player that last physically played the positions.
But in my scenario, the Flex was the pitcher of record. She just wasn't in the batting order when it was time to place a runner on second base. I'm wondering if she would have had to physically bat in place of the DP the previous inning so that she "earns" her way onto second to start the tie-breaker inning, and then a Courtesy Runner can be used.

Here's a different scenario. The last batter in the bottom of the seventh inning is F6 Sally, and she strikes out to end the inning. In the top of the eighth, the coach replaces Sally with Jenny, but puts Jenny at F1, and the previous F1 moves to F6. No doubt in my mind that Jenny can have a CR to be placed at second base in the bottom of the eighth because when she replaced Sally in the lineup, she took over that spot in the batting order.

I just don't know if that's the same situation when the Flex is F1, and she's announced to replace the DP who should be on second to start the tie-breaker inning, and THAT would allow for a CR.
"Let's face it. Umpiring is not an easy or happy way to make a living. In the abuse they suffer, and the pay they get for it, you see an imbalance that can only be explained by their need to stay close to a game they can't resist." -- Bob Uecker